Resources for Families
Reading is Fun!
Reading to your child is the single most important activity for building the knowledge required for success in reading. Choosing many different types of books will expose your child to new concepts, vocabulary and interests.
- Dr. Seuss' ABC by Dr. Seuss
- Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault
- Animal ABC by Leslie Baker
- A is for Apple by Megan E. Bryant & Monique Stephens
- Five Little Monkeys by Eileen Cristelow
- Quack & Count by Keith Baker
- Counting on the Woods by George Ella Lyon
- Anno's Counting Book by Mitsumasa Anno
- 123 to the Zoo by Eric Carle
Easy Reading Books
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin, Jr.
- Maisy's Favorite Things by Lucy Cousins
- Where is My Mommy? by Julie Downing
- Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? by Bill Martin, Jr.
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff
- The Mitten by Jan Brett
- Good Dog by Carl Day
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- In The Small, Small Pond by Denise Fleming
Poetry, Song, Rhyme Books
- Read Aloud Rhymes for the Very Young by Jack Prelutsky
- Hickory Dickory Dock and Other Nursery Rhymes by Carl Jones
- Fiddle-I-Fee by Melissa Sweet
- A Tiskit, A Taskit by Ella Fitzgerald
- If Youre Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands by David A. Carter
- Going to the Zoo by Tom Paxton
Bedtime Story Books
- Sleepy Me by Marni McGee
- Song of the Night: Its Time to Go to Bed by Katherine Riley Nakamura
- Where Does the Brown Bear Go? by Nicki Weiss
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Browne
For high quality books to read to your child visit the Pottstown Public Library at 500 High Street or can contact the library at 610-970-6551.